All right, I'm going to try to phrase the question in what might be a
more intelligent manner.

Suppose that I have a physics object, with a physics shadow, whose
position I set at ( 0, 0, 0 ) and whose velocity I set as ( 1, 0, 0 ).
I then update the shadow twice, first with a target of ( 3, 0, 0 ) with
a time-to-arrival of 1 sec., then again with a target of ( 4, 0, 0 )
with a time-to-arrival of 1 sec.  The physics system then simulates.

Would I be correct in assuming that calling GetPosition and GetVelocity
on the physics object now gets me a position of ( 4, 0, 0 ) and a
velocity of ( 2, 0, 0 )?  The impulse applied, I assume, would be ( 1,
0, 0 ).

That is in the case of no collision.  In the case of a collision, will
the physics object be updated with the "correct" after-collision
position/velocity values?  I ask because I'm having some trouble with
this (obviously), and I'd like to see if I'm using the shadow system
correctly.

John Sheu