I think it's MAX_PLAYERS.

There's hardly any useful stuff with regards to searching for entities. I
have tended to make my own util library that is shared between the client
and server and allows me to do the same operation on server/client using the
same functions.

The clientside equivalents usually mean looping through
ClientEntityList()/cl_entitylist and doing all the work yourself. I'd share
my code but I haven't had a reason to do this yet (in my mod you can just
loop through the entities in Lua and do it that way).