It's great that we have this feature, so we can make sure our mods
don't get broken by updates.

I hope this known issue gets fixed soon:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Engine_Beta_Changelist#Current_Known_Issues

-Mods that were built off of HL2 will continue to run the publicly
released engine. Mods that were built off of CS:S, DoD:S, or HL2DM
will use the beta engine.

Anyone using a HL2DM codebase tested with it yet?