My plugin needs to create some threads for checking purposes.
The concept is as follows:
When a player has got a successfull Steam-ID, that ID is checked against
an SQL database.
To prevent the server from stalling, I use the threads (pthreads for
linux, windows threads for... you guessed it.)
In that thread I make calls to engine->GetPlayerNetworkIDString and
playerinfo->GetPlayerNetworkIDString.

Both crash "every now and then" on those calls or return NULL pointers.

Is there any way I can get those classes to work in threads ?
Or are there specific functions to call prior to accessing these class'
functions ?

Thanks,
- Olef van de Stadt.