This morning I was working on something, and ran both the 3d party
mdldecompiler.exe with out any issues, plus studiomdl.exe in sourcesdk\bin

Later, I went back to run them again, and began getting odd DLL errors.  First,
trying to build a model with studiomdl gives me this output (which I've
abbreviated)...

> writing
c:\steam\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\CVB\models/Weapons/w_cvbmissile.mdl:
> writing
c:\steam\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\CVB\models/Weapons/w_cvbmissile.vvd:
> vertices     27552 bytes (574 vertices)
> tangents      9184 bytes (574 vertices)
> total        36800 bytes
> ERROR: Can't load MaterialSystem.dll
> ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'Weapons/w_cvbmissile.mdl'

And also now when I run mdldecompiler.exe I was getting an error msg that it
couldn't load sourcesdk\bin\vphysics.dll.  Then at some point it began to run
again witout the error.

I've tried rebooting, restarting steam, running HL2 and Source SDK (they both
run fine) to see if there was an update, deleting the DLLs it can't find so it
would re-DL them, etc.  No luck.

Is it really having issues with the DLLs or is this just a symptom of some other
issue I wonder?  Any suggestions?