-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Imperio59
Subject: [hlcoders] Blood not spawning for attacker?

Hi,
I was working on a new melee weapon for our mod Caliber when I ran across
this. I've been debugging left and right all night trying to understand why
the blood and the spark effects I do in TraceAttack(by
default) and OnTakeDamage don't show up when you're the person attacking.

I ran tests with two computers to figure out if this was the bot code
causing this (as I run tests with the default SDK bots) and it is the
same: If i'm the one being attacked I see the blood decals and the spark
effects, but if i'm the one attacking I don't see any blood decals or
sparks, even though I hear the spark sounds for the sparks... I checked the
code, it gets run on both sides (Server's DispatchEffect and Client's
EffectCallback) so that rules out any network oddities I guess.

I'm at a loss to understand this...
Is this a known bug Valve? Is there a fix for it? Has anyone else run into
this? Am I having coder hallucinations at 3:20am again?

Thanks in advance
Imperio59