vcollide_wireframe appears to have two bugs with bone followers.

First of all, you can't toggle it in the middle of a level, you must
start the level (or restart) with vcollide_wireframe 1 in order for the
bone follower entities to be networked to the client.

Secondly, vcollide_wireframe does visualize the physics of the
prop_dynamic that the bone followers are attached to.  It does it just
like a physics prop, so it only draws the first solid, and it draws it
rigidly attached to the root transform.  If this happens to be valid for
your prop everything will look fine, otherwise you've got an extra and
incorrect solid drawing (as in your screenshots).

So, don't change it without restarting if you need it to work with
prop_dynamic.  And also disable the drawing in the code like this:

// c_baseanimating.cpp
        if ( vcollide_wireframe.GetBool() )
        {
                if ( IsRagdoll() )
                {
                        m_pRagdoll->DrawWireframe();
                }
                else if ( IsSolid() )
                {

to only draw the vcollides of solid props.

That should make your visualization match the actual collisions.

Note that you can still use ent_bbox phys_bone_follower to draw the
bboxes at any time.