If they would spent 1 week to help the modders, I would be happy. HL2 has
one of the biggest mod-communities and this community is keeping HL2 alive
and generating money (I suppose many people bought HL1 just to get Sven
Coop).
Valve is in a good position to keep this community alive with Steam (easy
updates) and keeping & updating the same engine.
Modders are making mods for fun. Not for money

Anyway, Alfred said they were working on an SDK update. I just hope it's
worth waiting.