On Sunday 30 July 2006 10:17 pm, Aaron Schiff wrote:
> I'm not sure on the idea of having mirror copies...having a dynamic z
> buffer sounds like an ideal solution

Academic debate time... :-)

I'm not sure what you mean by a "dynamic z buffer".  As I see it, that
wouldn't make it possible to see two copies of the object; for example, in
the video, there is a demo of a set of portals where the sentry turret plays
pop-up in from two sets of portals in a room.  The player is standing back
and can see models in both portals at the same time.  This would require
rendering two models; no amount of Z-buffer magic would make that possible.

-John Sheu