I noticed last night when I was at my GF's house (who doesn't have
internet), that you can't open the SDK tools when steam is in offline
mode. Fortunately, you can continue working on and running your
currently started mod project (coding wise), but if you need to use
Hammer or anythign you SOL.

I also noticed steam doesn't seem to want to connect through a very
slow GPRS cellphone internet connection :)

Anyway around this? Is this a "feature"? This is no good for
developers on the move...

-Drew