-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frazer
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:28 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Rcon socket - HLDS vs SRCDS

Is there any difference between the way that hlds sets up a listening tcp
socket for rcon, versus how srcds does it?

I have some rcon code which connects perfectly to srcds - however, when I
test against an hlds server, I get a 10061 - connection actively refused or
socket not available.

I specify the local IP address and port for hlds on the command line when I
start it - and the text in the hlds console window confirms that it is
starting up on the specified end point.

I am assuming that hlds listens for rcon connections on the port that is
specified at startup, as srcds does.  Is this a correct assumption or is it
using some other port?

Thanks,

Frazer