Perhaps this parameter should be used by default when mapping for Half-Life
2? It seems that without it, there are problems with clipping and
displacements when using the new SDK and the old code that Half-Life 2 uses.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jay Stelly
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:45 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] No Linux specific data?

Also, there's a command line option in vbsp:
-novirtualmesh

This will not revert to the previous behavior exactly (it essentially
reverts to the linux behavior on win32 & linux - which uses more memory on
win32 than the previous code).  I haven't tested this with an old mod under
linux yet, but it's possible that this can be used as a workaround.

Jay