I think the bot's physics object has fallen asleep. If you look at the call
stack for VPhysicsShadowUpdate its called like this in physics.cppPhysFrame:

// apply updates
if ( pPhysics && !pPhysics->IsAsleep() )
{
    pEntity->VPhysicsShadowUpdate( pPhysics );
}

Stepping through PhysFrame shows that the SDK bots have a valid physics
object but that its asleep. This would also explain why SDK bots are hard to
hit with combine balls, as the combine ball does its damage/dissolve effect
in VPhysicsCollision, which wouldn't happen correctly if the bots vphysics
shadow is not being updated because its fallen asleep and is lingering
somewhere else on the map.

Anyways, we just need to find why the bots physics object is sleeping on the
job and it would be fine. A really bad way to test if this would fix your
problem is to just replace the if statement in PhysFrame with

// apply updates
if ( pPhysics && (!pPhysics->IsAsleep() || pEntity->IsPlayer()) )
{
    pEntity->VPhysicsShadowUpdate( pPhysics );
}

If that fixes your bots physics shadow then at least you know you just need
to figure out why its falling asleep. I'll keep looking for an answer there
as well.

Regards,

Paul