I actually noticed this bug too, but it took me a while to realize that this
was the same bug. I have a client-side only entity that's parented to a
PVSCHECK entity and when the parent goes dormant the same behaviour occurs.
I worked around the problem using the IPVSNotify interface (which in itself
needed to be fixed, but the fix was easy) to re-link the entities whenever
the dormant entity comes back into the PVS.

Not a great solution, but it does work if you are stuck trying to fix this.
I will try for a real fix, and post here if I come up with something clever.