From:  "Mike Durand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject:  [hlcoders] New SDK Update is Out As Beta
Date:  Wed, 1 Nov 2006 10:39:40 -0800
Hi All-

An updated SDK has been released as beta. You can get access to this
beta by adding the '-beta sdk1031'  command line option to your shortcut
to steam.exe.

Here are the highlights of this update:
New Features

- Visual Studio 2005 Support for SDK Code

- Spectate Mode Added to HL2 Deathmatch

Bug fixes

- Faceposer Crashes When When Trying to Extract or Add a .txt File

- Lag compensation added back into HL2MP

The full release notes are here, as always:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Release_Notes
<http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Release_Notes>

I'm planning to beta this update for a week and then make it the active
SDK on 10/8. I plan to make all SDK releases as beta for the first week
so that teams that are in critical parts of their development cycle
don't get surprised.

Please let me know directly if you run into any "show-stopper" issues
with the new SDK update. Minor bugs should go into Bugzilla.

-Thanks,
 Mike