Jorge Rodriguez wrote:
GMail doesn't do threading per se, it does "conversations" which are a
different idiom and implemented in a different way. GMail looks at
message IDs but I don't think it always honors it in its conversations.
I think it also takes contextual clues such as subject line and quantity
of quoted text.

The folks at Google are smart enough to know that most people are idiots
and design software to handle that fact.  This is the way that all
software should be written, smart enough to make up for dumb users.  :)

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome