This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
Adam, yes this worked for me. All I did was decompile default
crossbow_bolt  and edited QC as  you stated...here's
what I edited/added...

*****************

$modelname "crossbow_bolt.mdl"
$model "body" "bowarrow_bolt.smd"
$cdmaterials "models\weapons\v_models\bowarrow\"
//xyz ....adjust screen position
$origin -5 -15 -3
$hboxset "default"
$surfaceprop "weapon"
$illumposition 2.000 0.000 0.000
$sequence idle "idle" fps 30.00

*******************

Thanks,
Gus

Adam "amckern" Mckern wrote:
> You can always try and pull back on the crossbow bolts
> $origin in the QC file, and then recompile the model.
>
> The hit box will then be moved along with the model
> its self - so when it hits the wall, the model will
> not sink as deep.
>
> Adam
>

> --- "Joel R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> --
>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>> Does the bolt disappear when it hits the wall or
>> does it stay stuck there
>> for about 2 seconds?
>>
>> If it disappears try commenting this in that same
>> else block
>> //AddEffects( EF_NODRAW );
>>
>> On 12/28/06, Gus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME
>>>
>> format.
>>
>>> --
>>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>> --
>>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>>> Hi Joel, I gave this solution a try but didn't get
>>>
>> results. here's what
>>
>>> I did...I also
>>> increased the 10 to as high 19 but still no
>>>
>> results. Though it did
>>
>>> compile well.
>>>
>>> ****************************************
>>>             if ( ( hitDot < 0.5f ) && ( speed >
>>>
>> 100 ) )
>>
>>>             {
>>>                 Vector vReflection = 2.0f *
>>>
>> tr.plane.normal * hitDot +
>>
>>> vecDir;
>>>
>>>                 QAngle reflectAngles;
>>>
>>>                 VectorAngles( vReflection,
>>>
>> reflectAngles );
>>
>>>                 SetLocalAngles( reflectAngles );
>>>
>>>                 SetAbsVelocity( vReflection *
>>>
>> speed * 0.75f );
>>
>>>                 // Start to sink faster
>>>                 SetGravity( 1.0f );
>>>             }
>>>             else
>>>             {
>>>                 SetAbsOrigin( GetAbsOrigin() +
>>>
>> tr.plane.normal * 10 );
>>
>>> //YOUR SUGGESTION
>>>                 SetThink(
>>>
>> &CBowarrowBolt::SUB_Remove );
>>
>>>                 SetNextThink( gpGlobals->curtime +
>>>
>> 2.0f );

> --------
> Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]