I've been playing around with the source sdk and have been trying to compile
it with MinGW and MSYS. Most of the compile errors I encounter are from the
pre-processor directives identifying that _WIN32 must mean I'm compiling
with an MS compiler, which I have to modify and add a smarter check to.
Although I think those problems are just the tip of the iceberg. So I was
wondering if other's have looked into building a release that's a bit more
compatible MinGW and other alternative compilers and ultimately(IDEs). I'm
pretty new to the scene so I don't know if I'm asking a question other's
have already answered or not.

Thanks,
Sunblaze