Hey guys,
    I've been thinking of the possibility of improving the shadow rendering in
the Source engine. Currently, it seems all entities in the world cast their
shadows from a single light source ( defined in "r_shadowangle" ).
    Realistically, each entity should cast their shadows based on the nearest
dominant light source (like it's done in the Unreal engine). I'm not sure how
feasible it would be to rework the current shadow engine to take into account
an entities nearest light source so I'm just wondering if anyone has looked
into this.
    Has anyone attempted such a feat? or knows of the limitations of the shadow
engine that would complicate such an endeavour?