It would most-likely get detected as a cheat.  Because it has to draw using
DirectX over the current screen buffer, and things that do that are
detectable by valve.  For the exception of XFire which I believe Valve
allowed access to do that.  This would be very easy to do as part of a HL2
mod though and would be very nifty.  However you do want it for CS:S which
80% of the servers are VAC secured.  Try waiting on a response from one of
the Valve guys maybe they could tell you about this.  Don't get your hopes
up though, cause it would give away details on some of the things they look
for which is most-likely against policy for them.

I've seen stuff like this done out-of-game, which might be your best bet.
Where it shows a map overview, and you can draw strats with others watching
in real time.  I think it was created for 1.6 and is probably non-existant
anymore, so would be nice to have a revamp on it for those clans out there
interested in it.