Hi List,

I've just been looking at the MapOverview and have noticed that players
info is only updated when they are in the client's PVS.

This obviously means that the full screen overview doesn't work too well
when your team mates are on the other side of the map.

My question is: would it be better to disable the check to see if a
player is in the client's PVS before updating and just have the server
send all player's data to each client regardless of position, or would
this create too much traffic?

Alternatively, would it be better to create my own server -> client
message to update all the players positions, say every 1/4 second?

I don't like the first idea as it could create a lot of extra traffic,
but the second option could do the same if it's just sending the same
data anyway, so which would make the most sense?

Thanks!