There seems to be more changes than just that; here's my cursory
analysis from a whole ten minutes of looking:

 a) IServerGameDLL005 is not the same as IServerGameDLL005 from the
original engine (the last four functions or so are new).  I didn't check
the other game-provided interfaces.

 b) vstdlib.dll no longer exports a whole slew of functions.  It looks
like the intention was, a long time ago, to deprecate it and move
exports to vstdlib_s.dll.  However the current SDK defines the imports
against vstdlib.dll, so we'll need a new import library [?] or some sort
of clarification.

 c) It looks like mods are getting compiled with GCC4/MSVC8 now, which
is great news, but a forewarning to people who grab binary signatures:
MSVC8 has a tendency to optimize internal function calls down to a
non-standard calling convention.

Valve said they'd provide the changes "once the fires are put out" or
something, so those are just musings while we wait semi-patiently.

---
  David Anderson
  http://www.bailopan.net/
  AlliedModders

Mattie Casper wrote:
Just doing some quick research and it almost looks like we could make some
semblance of a working server plugin for TF2 if we had access to the
definition of VEngineCvar004.

Can we get a copy of this, even if it's not official/beta, just for
prototyping purposes? Something along the lines of what was posted last year
for
ISERVERPLUGINCALLBACKS002<http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Querying_ConVars_from_Server_Plugins>would
be great, but even something less formal would help immensely.

Thanks in advance, and congratulations on getting the TF2 beta out the door.
Just about everyone I've talked to has agreed that it's impressive.

If someone else has had better luck figuring out VEngineCvar004, please
don't hesitate to share. ;)
-Mattie