I recently got Visual Studio 2008, which supposedly is very compatible with
visual studio 2005 project files,

I did a new mod from scratch, and started compiling, it compiled fine, but I
got a bunch of link errors,

I fixed the Link errors by adding

/FORCE:MULTIPLE
/NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT

It then compiled fine,
and linked successfully with a bunch of link warnings,

I launched the mod, and get to the menu,
when i attempt to run a map, it kicks me out of the game with a "Hl2.exe has
encountered an error"

I ran the mdmp dump in visual studio, and the error it is running into is on
collisionproperty.h line 336

which says
SetSolidFlags( m_usSolidFlags | flags );

the error is m_Value = CXX0030: Error: expression cannot be evaluated

Any help will be greatly appreciated.