implement a counter that gets incremented every time you fire.
with also a timer variable that gets set to curtime + 2;

with a check after the button checks like this:
if (combotime < gpGlobals->curtime)
combocounter = 0;

also side note 2 seconds is a REALLY long time, you might want to try
something that actually requires skill, like 20 milliseconds (0.2)
;)

On 10/30/07, kitson foo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> so i'm trying to create a combo system for my mod. im currently using the
> single player mod for hl2 and i wanna figure out how do i set up a combo
> system as im pretty new to source coding. the combo system goes like this
> that when players hit the attack button twice, they will do a double slash
> and when they hit the attack button 3 times they will do a double slash
> followed by a knockback blow. all the attacks must be within 2seconds
> otherwise it would just be a normal single slash. so does anybody have any
> idea on how do i begin ?

-omega