Chilv,

We've modified in_main to accommodate 6 DOF.  There is a method called
CInput::AdjustAngles.  At the very end of the method is a line:

engine->SetViewAngles( viewangles );

Where viewangles is a QAngle datatype.

So...round tripping it:

engine->GetViewAngles( viewangles );
viewangles..x = mypitch;
viewangles.y = myyaw;
viewangles.z = myroll;
engine->SetViewAngles( viewangles );

Your notion of pitch roll and yaw may be different depending on how
you have the player oriented and what you are trying to do..

Also, you'll probably want to enable NOCLIP to free yourself from
gravity and obstacles.

Steve