Hey all

I posted back in 2006 trying to get third-person animation to work in a
HL2MP client with no success. I'm back trying it again this time in the
Orange Box 2007 release of the SDK.

I've looked through a ton of the code and it seems everywhere there's
scattered INVASION_CLIENT_DLL preprocessor def. This is the Team Fortress 2
code, and it's being told not to run in HL2DM. Fair enough. However, chunks
of this code possibly contains the proper implementation for clientside
animation and prediction.

Would you guys happen to know what *specifically* needs to be implemented
for third-person animation to be as smooth as TF2?

I've tried a few "no-shit" things so far, just to test the waters:

1. Commented out all instances of #ifdef INVASION_DLL and
INVASION_CLIENT_DLL and tried to compile. Ofcourse, it's missing a bunch of
stuff like tf_shareddefs.h and some vgui stuff.
2. Commented out all instances of #ifdef INVASION etc except for those that
caused immediate errors, which lead to a ton of linkage errors and stuff
like SetDormant(bool) not found.
3. Added the INVASION_CLIENT_DLL, INVASION_DLL, TF2 to the preproc defs to
trick code into compiling as TF2, which ofcourse fails

Tomorrow I'm going to go through all the possible clientside animation stuff
that gets omitted from #ifdefs but I was wondering if you guys already have
a heads up on this.

Thanks a bunch!
~M