On 7 May 2008, at 21:11, Nephyrin Zey wrote:

> What other servers are doing this?

Several. I was using a list of servers from HLstatsX's "Official
Masterlist" as a test case and 10% of the first 50 servers on that
list had truncated A2S_INFO replies. That HLstatsX was causing the
problem did cross my mind but Googling for "hlstatsx a2s_info" didn't
seem to dredge up anything valuable.

> I believe ukcs.net is running a old
> version of a plugin that fudges with A2S_INFO that's likely breaking
> it.

Any idea which plugin specifically?

> The short answer is just treat these servers as invalid. I know my
> server is suppressing some SourceTV values from A2S_INFO to fix that
> old SourceTV port bug, which might be fudging up (admittedly i didn't
> test it beyond 'it does what i want in the server browser').

Understood and agreed. My goal of the original post was certainly not
to state "my code **must** have a complete A2S_INFO reply and you've
broken it!" or to point fingers at people who have servers which
reply outside the documented protocol but to understand if I was
doing something wrong or incompletely.

> Though if it is my plugin doing it I certainly deserve some blame
> here :-P

Send me your server host and port and I'll poke it to see if it's
misbehaving. ;)

> - Neph

Ciao.

-Chris