hi new to the list! Been trying to code on my own for a little bit but couldn't
find any information anywhere on these couple things, so decided to try this
list as my last resort! Anyway couple things I've been stumped on

1) m_flClientMaxSpeed in the CMoveData class is being modified automatically
somewhere and I can't find by whom. I'm setting up a system where each player
has some value, 1-5, stored in C_HL2MP_Player, which acts as a movement speed
modifier. I'm able to send console commands to change this value ingame, and
I've got methods which are correctly using these modifiers and applying them to
m_flClientMaxSpeed, and everything works perfectly. However, when I switch
window focus out of the game and then return focus to the game, devmsg is
showing that m_flClientMaxSpeed is being automatically changed to 150 no matter
what. Any ideas where this is happening?

2) Also, I am completely stumped how to read a cvar from the client so that I
can apply the command to that client. I'm
working from the CHL2MP_Player::Spawn class and after some digging
apparently I can use the cookie int from engine->StartQueryCvarValue
to grab the info from StartQueryCvarValue, but I can't get to the
method. How are other people accessing cvars? Right now anything I want to read
serverside from the client, I'm doing something like
CON_COMMAND(mycvar, "description")
{
    CHL2MP_Player *pPlayer = ToHL2MPPlayer( UTIL_GetCommandClient() );
    pPlayer->SetCvarValue( value );
};
And even then, I'm unable to use engine->Cmd_Argv(i) because of a compiler
error complaining that Cmd_Argv is not in engine. Help with either problem
would be very much appreciated!

Thanks