Aha, got it to work by doing CPASAttenuationFilter filter( GetPlayerOwner() );
Though it makes me kinda wonder what it was about filter( this ) that didn't
always work correctly.

----- Original Message ----
From: Ryan Sheffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion of Half-Life Programming <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 1, 2008 4:41:07 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Sound only playing when player is not touching the
ground

I only have suggestions but they are worth a try.
Change your CPASAttenuationFilter filter( this ); filter to NULL or a filter
which has no rules to see if its a bad filter, and if that's the problem
then figure out what isn't passing.
If its not that then check if CHAN_STATIC is causing the problem, change it
to CHAN_WEAPON for example.

~Ryan