On a related note

I've resolved the previous email's error by placing HandleAnimEvent and
DispatchAnimEvents to C_BasePlayer instead of C_BaseAnimating which fixes
any conflicts entities might be having with that. It's a hack, but I don't
care about that for now.

Unfortunately, a new problem arose

DispatchAnimEvents checks to see if there are any animation events from the
current sequence like this:

    // skip this altogether if there are no events
    if (pstudiohdr->pSeqdesc( GetSequence() ).numevents == 0)
    {
        //DevMsg("no events!\n");
        return;
    }

Unfortunately on the Client this always happens. Apparently, no animation
events are registered on the client? How can this be so??

IIRC HL2DM was able to do this properly, with Client dispatching animation
events. Where in the code can I check that the client is properly
registering its anim events?

I'm talking about the animation events from the QC files when compiling
animation MDLs.

The server finds the animation event just fine. The client, not so much.

~M