Wouldn't architectural designs showing class relationships be more pressing
than going through and commenting every single function with that format?
What's the biggest problem people are complaining about?  Is it that they
don't understand that int GetIDTarget() const; is a method that gets the id
of the target as an integer?  Or could it be that they don't understand how
classes interact and what things exist on the server and what on the client
and how those classes all tie together or inheret to create all the elements
of the game?

If you are going to create a remotely useful guide it seems like you're
attacking the problem in very much the wrong way.  The proposal of creating
a fully commented version of the SDK is not only a huge amount of pointless
coding, exhausting to maintain properly but also a missunderstanding of the
difficulties.  If the original topic is still the topic at hand then it's
acquanting them with architecture and an easy to understand layout of how
the classes work rather than pedantic descriptions of specific methods that
you would want to create.

I'd suggest tackling the theory of how Source is implemented before wasting
your time describing hundreds of self explaniatory methods without any
insight into how it's tied together.  For example with the GetIDTarget, it's
an example of client side maintained information that is later used by the
HUD to create a user name display and by player class to manipulate the head
angles so it appears to look at someone.  Something like that is far more
usefull, but on the same token you wouldn't put that into the code itself
you'd have it kept in an external documentation or somewhere.