From: hlcoders-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlcoders-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jed
Sent: February-22-09 6:46 PM
To: Discussion of Half-Life Programming
Subject: [hlcoders] DispatchEffect call only arriving when called from one
function.

This is a weird one...

I've made a DispatchEffect handler which sends an effect from server
to client just fine. Done an attached debug and I can see the function
that calls it and can trace the client receiving it.

Problem is, if I call the Dispatch handling function from my player
class Event_Killed() function it works absolutely fine. If I then try
and call it from TraceAttack() function, the dispatch message never
arrives at the client.

Same data being passed, validated that everything is as it should be,
only difference is when called from one function its send, from
another it isn't.

I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Any clues?

BTW, this is Ep1.