All of this is very possible. If you want to make a blood fountain
shooting out of his head, the best way to do it is to attach a spray
emitter and parent it to his head.  You can attach entities to certain
parts of the player by using a SetParent()
If you want to spray blood on the walls based on the blood fountain,
you'll need to do a series of tracelines eminating from the spray
emitter to a spot that the emitter is pointing at. You'll need to make a
think function for your blood spray entity and then spray out the blood
decals every 1/10th of a second (or however frequent you want it).
    Oh, and you should do all of this on the client side.