Well I wager they need to release it. I know it exists:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3809/sourcefilmmakerdg3.jpg

It was in the TF2 beta I think, there's youtube videos of people claiming to
use it.

A steampost by Eram (Steam forums Moderator) claims that "...The tools will
be released after the final meet the team video."

However, this doesn't take Valve time into it's account... And I like my own
ways.

I'm looking into both the light_dynamic entity (Looks pretty broken) and the
EP2 scene.