Hello everybody, my nickname is MESHUGGAH, a speedrun fan.
We have a (currently in hold) Half-life 1 TAS [tool assisted] speedrun
project @ SDA (speeddemosarchive.com) and we have some questions about the
HL engine.
We would like to achieve a frame-by-frame (frame advancing when you press a
specific key) gameplay to abuse every bug and glitch in HL. However the full
HL SDK (as far as I know) doesn't gives me possibility to have a custom
function that would interrupt everything and making a TOTAL engine-pause
whenever there's a frame advance. So my question would be this:

Is there any possible way to play the game frame-by-frame?
(with absolutely no server-client communication or anything else during
frame-pause).

If you don't understand what I'm talking about (tool assisted, speedrun, why
abuse glitches, why we need frame advance), feel free to ask it.
btw I wanted to read the archives, but the txt files comes with
very-very-very slow bitrate.

Thanks for responses in advance.