Sounds like prediction is causing frames on the client to play multiple
times, you might want to look into where the shells are being spawned, and
add a check something like the following:

#if defined( CLIENT_DLL )
if ( prediction->InPrediction() && !prediction->IsFirstTimePredicted() )
return;
#endif

This code will cause the function to return if the frame is being run more
than once due to the prediction code.

I think a problem like this was posted before on the list, with the same
resolution.

Olly