I'm trying to get rain splashes to show up when they collide with the
ground. In a way, I've succeed. I can get splashes. The problem is
they're almost everywhere but where I want them. They show up even on
the skybox, which I don't want. They won't show up on displacements,
glass, or physics props, however, which isn't good.
Here's the code for the tracer:
-----------
        if ( RandomInt( 0, 100 ) < r_RainSplashPercentage.GetInt() )
        {
           trace_t trace;
           UTIL_TraceLine(vOldPos, pParticle->m_Pos, MASK_ALL, NULL,
COLLISION_GROUP_NPC, &trace);
           if( trace.fraction < 1 )
           {
              DispatchParticleEffect( "spash", trace.endpos,
trace.m_pEnt->GetAbsAngles() , NULL );
           }
        }
     }