From: Saul Rennison <saul.renni...@gmail.com>
Subject: [hlcoders] Implementing a CoD-style killcam in a multiplayer mod
To: "Discussion of Half-Life Programming" <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>

Hi all,

Longtime (many years) reader but very irregular poster, mainly because
I'm not a mod developer but I'd like something big to put on my
University statement for CompSci.

Basically I've always had little niggles with Counter-Strike: Source
and I've always had imrpovements/featured in my head that I've always
wanted to implement too. One of these is a CoD-style killcam; now
before I start I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in
implementing a killcam like this in their own mod? And if yes, whether
they could share their knowledge. At the moment my plan is to store
all the frame states from the past 5 seconds, all in 75ms intervals.
However, I'm unsure as of yet how I'd get around to playing these
back, and from another player's perspective (maybe SetViewEntity?
either way this is the more simpler issue as I could probably just
simulate being a spectator).

Any help is greatly appreciated and when I'm done I'll undoubtedly
post a tutorial on VDC and also make my mod open-source from day 1.

Thanks in advance,

--

Thanks,
 - Saul.