From: Trevor 'Drak' <dhlco...@wowway.com>
Subject: [hlcoders] Colliding with BSP (GoldSrc) - Messing with the renderer
To: "HLCoders List" <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>

I’m still stuck in the past with HL1.
But I’m sure most of you seen videos of people that managed to get a physics
engine running inside goldsrc. I wanted to give this a go.
I’m messed around with Newton / Bullet / PhysX and I can whip up a small
D3D/OpenGL app that throw’s boxes around.

But two major problems, I have no idea where to start on finding a solution.
How can I get an OpenGL object inside the 3D viewport/world HL is in?
I’ve also seen love .avi videos (procedural textures ?) inside HL. I asked the
author, and he said he used simple OpenGL calls.

I can do the same, but only 2D.  Drawing stuff over the HL window.

Last thing. If I managed to even get over the hump, to drawing stuff. How can I
get my physic objects to collide, when I have no access to the engine code?
I don’t assume tracing of any sort can help me here? Mind you, this is all
client-side. So I don’t need to network the physics.