But, if the player dies in a fight(befor the last hit he had 8 hp left). He is respawning (with the same health) on the same location and the enemys still there, they will shoot again and you are in a deadloop.

Or you will respawn with 100 hp but spawn right in the battle, I dunno if this is a nice idea. :/

What's wrong with Tony's idea though? Just add a new vector variable to the player class, record the coords to it when the player dies, then move them to those coords when they touch the trigger.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Adam "amckern" McKern <amck...@yahoo.com <mailto:amck...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    Check the attachment for my idea in a nut shell.

    --------
    Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

    --- On *Wed, 2/3/11, Tony "omega" Sergi /<omegal...@gmail.com
    <mailto:omegal...@gmail.com>>/* wrote:

        From: Tony "omega" Sergi <omegal...@gmail.com
        <mailto:omegal...@gmail.com>>

        Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Teleportation AMX Mod?
        To: "Discussion of Half-Life Programming"
        <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
        <mailto:hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>>

        when they die, put their position into a vector.
        when they spawn, move them to the vector.
        -Tony

        On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Adam "amckern" McKern
        <amck...@yahoo.com <http://mc/compose?to=amck...@yahoo.com>>
        wrote:

            Its for a source mod

            --------
            Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

            --- On *Wed, 2/3/11, QSDev /<yann...@qsdev.de

                From: QSDev <yann...@qsdev.de
                <http://mc/compose?to=yann...@qsdev.de>>
                To: "Discussion of Half-Life Programming"
                <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
                <http://mc/compose?to=hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>>

                So you want to do this in a source mod? Or with a amx
                plugin, too?

                On 01.03.2011, at 07:50, "Adam \"amckern\" McKern"
                <amck...@yahoo.com
                <http://mc/compose?to=amck...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

                Hey,

                This is for source, however the proof of concept i
                want to hack is in gold src.

                When my player dies i want to save there location as
                on respawn they will spawn at a common point, and
                return to the 'world' at the place the died in order
                to continue the game.

                How would i save the XYZ location of my player when
                they die in order to teleport them to this location
                once they respawn? (such as savepos loadpos commands
                in the amx mod)

                --------
                Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

                -----Inline Attachment Follows-----