Thanks, that sounds good. My first plan was to teleport the player on the
ledge, make him invisible and spawn an animated character climbing with his
damages forwarded to the player, but your method sounds more sensible.
However, what do you mean by "it more or less gets overwritten by the values
needed for  tthe climb" ?

And have you any suggestions for the over the shoulder and cover code ?