We've ran into this issue, currently having it happen in our 2007 based mod.

It seems to be tied to both the map we load and the precaching of the
large amount of content in our mod (~35 player models, 30+ weapons ).
It's happening 100% of the time when loading straight to dm_overwatch,
it doesn't happen when we load up a small testing map that doesn't
have much content.

As soon as we get in game, there's a large amount of artifacting
(along with a Transition table overflow. Grab Brian error), things
rendering in the wrong order etc (http://i45.tinypic.com/255up10.jpg).

We tried delaying the precaching of certain playermodels until we knew
they were going to be used (which really isn't an ideal situation
anyway as there's noticeable hitching when the model is loaded) and
while this lets the map load and function normally, the error happens
and it returns back to the broken state once we precache more content.

Has anyone ran into this issue or know of any way to fix/avoid it?