The longest part about loading levels is all the assets that get rendered on
top of the brush work. You could have a set texture set, and ensure that this
texture set is loaded every time the game is loaded in an example, you could
have say 2,000 brushes in your back ground menu map, and each brush has a
texture from your asset list - this will help improve loading times - only down
side of this could be your heap size would need to be bigger, and if people are
joining the game from the server browser, they will bypass this background menu
map.

--------
Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com