Hi list,

I'm trying to show special weapons attached to the player when they are
holstered so other players know that they are carrying that weapon. I have
already overridden ShouldDraw in our weapon class in order for the weapon to
be drawn even when it's holstered - this is working. There is also an
attachment on the player which is meant to be the attach point for holstered
special weapons and an attachment of the same name on the weapon world
model. Said attachment is also not linked to the weapon_bone bone. The
holster code calls SetParent to make the weapon appear on the body
attachment and the deploy code parents it back to the weapon attachment.

The problem here is that the weapon always stays attached to the weapon
attachment, which means that it looks like the player carries two weapons
when they are not carrying the special weapon. What am I doing wrong here or
is it just impossible to switch attach points for weapons?

Jan