Something that I thought about just now is the following:
Wouldn't it be nice if mods would be able to use things like the Steam
Cloud?

This could be archived trough the following way: make a wrapper inside
the engine to map the Cloud the following way:
/<source 2013 cloud root>
    <mod folder>
        <cfg>
        <...>

All the engine wrapper would need to do is make sure that each mod only
can see it's own folder when it accesses the cloud functions.
I know that not all of the api functions can be implemented that way but
it sure would give the modding community some sugar to consider moving
to source 2013 after all...
The workshop for example can be arranged trough this way as well, you
just have to seperate the mod files by tags (which the engine is able to
create trough the wrapper)

I'm not saying that it's a must have, but having that being done some
day would certainly appeal to some people (and not force everyone to
move their mod into the greenlight procedure)
As I said, just a random idea that I came up with.

Feel free to discuss about it, maybe someone beside me has more ideas in
this regard.

Kind Regards,
Neico

PS: I noticed that the steam api headers on the git repos aren't up to
date with the ones available at steamworks, maybe consider updating
these with the next code update? (if it's necessary then I'll also make
an issue on github about it)