I must say, sometimes I'm just an idiot, but I am getting older, so give me
that ...

Maybe some others have done this, but I'm the only one that will admit to
it ...

I only installed the 11071108.exe .... forgetting completely to update the
mod ...  I was under the false assumption that 1108 was working cause
that's what hlds reported when I loaded it, but people who had upgraded
couldn't connect to the server ... But people were still connecting to the
server ... it was those people that did the same thing I did ... just ran
the 11071108 update patch ...  I think what messed me up is that I don't
think the CS mod and the HL engine were patched on the same day before ...
or at least with separate patch files like this ...

Once I got csv1113 and ran that, everythings fine, and I applied other
changes from the list here ...

So, the steps to take would be:

1.) Copy Cstrike dir to another directory for backup
2.) 11071108.exe
3.) csv1113.exe
4.) install new MetaMod DLL
5.) Copy liblist.gam from the Cstrike backup directory

This would be for using the HLDS that comes with the retail HalfLife game
and AdminMod ...

I'm running HLDS, PBServer, and HLTV all on the same machine (cause it's my
game server machine) ...

Haven't had a problem with the server since I completed these steps ... but
believe me, I'm very passive ... if the 13 year olds couldn't play CS for a
day or two, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it ...