We're working with Gearbox to get an OpFor (standalone) update out as
quickly as possible.  We should have something ready this week.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan McCullough [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 10:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE:[OT] 1.1.0.8

Valve, correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I understand it:

OK nwburton, blueshift is alot like cs retail(I am pladgerizing from a
description bryan socha gave me). It has the hl engine bundled with it, but
IT IS NOT half-life. The HL patch should not work because you do not have
hl. Just like installing the hl patch on cs-retail does not work. You can't
even install the cs-mod patch onto cs-retail. Now, I have not seen a patch
issued for blueshift. It sounds like the shipped version of blueshift came
with the 1107 engine of HL? from what you are saying. I would suggest that
you download and install the blueshift and opfor patches. Try this and see
what happens. If this does not work, send an email to those addresses I sent
you last week. If you find a solution or new information on this subject,
please forward to the group. Even though this is client related and kind of
OT it is new and would be nice to know. Also, many of us actually play the
game too right? and it would be helpful to find out about updating blueshift
rather than go through the same headaches you have been through. Let us know
what happens.