-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Hartland
Sent: 08 July 2004 13:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] Steam Release

Ok an update on this I started the update at 8am this morning its
now 1pm. The update has failed several times its currently trying to
download from http://www.computergames.ro specifically:
213.157.170.81
Doing a simple trace show that said content server's connectivity
is dire, giving 300ms pings and high packet loss. Yes the .ro
server may be at like 10% load on the steam status page but
from here it looks like is overloaded at about 1%. There is no point
in having content servers which are this badly connected.

Also can we get an update to steam that does a quick threaded
download test from the available content servers in the given "area"
and uses the quickest.. Either that or the option to manually specify
a download server.

    Steve / K