CS 1.5 does not work with steam
Look for the WON dll's in the top folder.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 1:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] is WON being switch off end of this month ?

I found this on CSNation - posted a few days ago. Chances are it is actually
legit!

WON Closing This Month
MikeJ @ 11:24 - cstrike pc - 59 comments - hot topic (new comments!) The
archaic but popular authentication system for Half-Life servers, WON, will
be shut down by the end of the month according to the new greet message
received when connecting to a WON-auth'd server. The message reads:
PLEASE NOTE: WON authentication servers will be phased out by the end of the
month. In order to update to CS 1.6, please download Steam at
http://www.steampowered.com immediately.
It looks like even the most stubborn will have to rejoin the living; I hear
CS
1.5 works on Steam! Thanks for the heads up le gritche.