Well, since you want to maximise performance and don't really care too much
about how inefficient you want things to be, just perform its best (much
like a fancy flashy sports car, then).

sys_ticrate 10000 will tell the server to run as fast as it possibly can
fps-wise, from 100fps to 400-500 fps (or more). Pings would be noticably
lower by about 8ms for most people and bullets will register much more. If a
server is running at 100fps, there is 10ms still between each frame that
gets processed, so increasing the fps decreases the time between each frame
being processed.

So, my recommendations :-

sys_ticrate 10000 // sets fps as fast as it will go
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_minrate 2500
sv_minupdaterate 20

For total optimum bullet reg, don't run any mods on it at all, but thats
probably not favourable for public servers. I'd perhaps recommend AMXX over
adminmod, as I believe performance-wise its much faster then adminmod (don't
take that for gospel). Try and remove as much spam from the mod as possible
though, on-screen text displays, vox speech (like the voice telling you the
time, etc.), sounds ("KILLING SPREE!") etc. all tend to lag some clients a
little bit, which some people then mistake the server for being at fault.

Use sv_downloadurl for all your custom stuff. This will help keep people on
your server when running custom stuff, such as new maps.

Regards,

Ryan Lewis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]